Seat Time Waiver Program
The Ewen-Trout Creek School District seat time waiver allows for online learning options for students to continue working on a high school diploma or grade progression without physically attending at the school building. If a student and family chooses, the online coursework can be monitored in the school building. The seat time waiver can remove the days, hours, and physical attendance requirements. The Ewen-Trout Creek School District, with the approval of the Michigan Department of Education, operates a local district seat time waiver program. This gives E-TC the opportunity to provide a unique and individualized online learning program for our students.
Benefits of the Seat Time Waiver Program
- Participation in the Ewen-Trout Creek School District’s extracurricular & Athletic activities
- A laptop is provided to students for the duration of the program
Why a seat time waiver?
- Homeschool students who want high-quality online courses provided by the Ewen-Trout Creek School District
- Homeschool students who want to participate in elective courses offered by the Ewen-Trout Creek School District
- Medical situations including social and emotional issues
- Working students who need relevant experience for college and the work place
- Other individualized needs approved by the Superintendent
- Student who need flexibility for example, military families, athletes, and performers
- Student must be enrolled in the Ewen-Trout Creek School District. Students in grades K-12 are eligible
- Participation requires weekly two-way communication between the student and the onsite mentor
- Each Seat time waiver student will have a class schedule that details the credits to be earned over the school year. Each course shall be counted as one class on the student’s schedule
- Students must participate in their grade level state assessment exams
- The district will designate an on-site mentor as the Teacher of Record. This mentor is a certified Michigan teacher employed by the district and will monitor the student’s progress and be available for assistance
- Students and their families must complete the district’s seat time waiver application and seat time waiver contract to be considered for participation in the program
For more information about the Ewen-Trout Creek School District’s Seat Time Waiver Program, please contact the K-12 Main Office at 906-813-0620.